Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Pre-Chorus

if my life were a song, i am entering the pre-chorus, preparing for the chorus after so many verses of trying to understand. and once the chorus comes, everything unimportant fades, the simplest and beautiful and important chords ring out while my existence is finally fulfilled and the song finally reaches its meaning.

i feel so much change coming my way, both in myself and in my surroundings. for the first time in my life, i understand why people fear all of this.

one thing about the pre-chorus is that this is the time when the minor chords come out and the energy is building toward a point unknown; if there were words, they would be emotional and frustrated and vulnerable.

this isn't the first pre-chorus i've been through, and my life has been filled to the brim of verses. i have also witnessed some beautiful choruses composed perfectly with everything leading up to it, even when i was lost in it all.

part of me hopes more than anything that at the end of it all, it will mean something.

part of me hopes more than anything that at the end of it all, it will be beautiful.

part of me hopes more than anything that at the end of it all, someone will see it.

part of me hopes more than anything that at the end of it all, someone will use it.

2 comments:

GPow0528 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GPow0528 said...

I love how you use words so elegantly. The metaphors in this entry are amazing! Maybe I can relate to it more because of my love and understanding of music. Sometimes I wish I thought as deeply as you do about the many aspects of life. It surely is a God given talent you have. I know He has already put it to use and will continue to do so. Anyway I hope you are doing well, I miss and love you bunches!
Much Love,
~gracie~

P.S. I erased the first entry because I had several typos...I probably still have some in here, but know it has at least been edited once!