Monday, July 7, 2014

Every hour.

So many learnings lately.


Learning how to feel beautiful without being told you are.

Learning how to see the warm value in things/people/concepts that are utterly opposite of you and your way of thinking, even things you proactively avoid.

Learning how to breathe through the tension of greys, unknowns, and knowns that hurt for now.

Learning how to speak to yourself as you would someone you love.

Learning how to determine the difference between flawed/human friends and unhealthy friends.

Learning how to accept that life is hard, and we aren't guaranteed particular blessings on this side of eternity, but that we are promised prosperity in His plans, making any ounce of goodness in our lives a tender mercy.

Learning how to be alone. Not physically alone, going about your day. But alone in the sense that, before His feet, it is you and no one else. How to be alone with Him, and understanding that all His efforts on this earth were for that very intimacy.

Learning how to love yourself well, feeling worthy of such love, and in turn having so much more to offer others.

Learning how to hold the entirety of another human. Hold their grief in one arm and their music in the other, knowing they're even more mysterious still. Delving deeper into the friendships that seek to hold each other fully, hold each other well.

Learning how to let go of dreams. Of visions you once thought were so close to reality that you could smell them in the air in front of you. Of hopes that somehow slipped through your hands.


Learning that life isn't fair. But life is good.




I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain
I need Thee, oh I need Thee
Every hour, I need Thee
Oh bless me now, my Savior
I come to Thee.

No comments: